Sunday, August 17, 2008

Only got 4 minutes to save the world.

PS: title of this post is because it was started at ... yeah you can work it out.

So today, the 40 Hour Famine ended for me at 11:45.

I was joyous, and couldn't wait to eat a spring roll from the baptism lunch of Kenneth Han (congrats buddy.) and then eat a cheeseburger, go to this apparent lunch at the Wong's house to celebrate Uncle Luke's birthday then sleep and do my english essay this afternoon.

Boy was I in for a shock.

In short:
I'm very oblivious and tired since the famine made me... very tired and oblivious.
Also my parents are very good planners and even better liars.
I also have friends who must be used to lying to my face coz they did a damn good job of it today.

Surprise, its a day before Ashley's birthday and SURPRISE, a repeat of 2006, I got a surprise lunch.

Damn all I wanted was some sleep, sheesh.

NAH! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Brilliant job by Ruth who drove me to Kay-Nox and we bought 2 cheeseburgers and 20 pack of nuggets then mushrooms and Perinase sauce from Coles before "heading home to pick up a pot of food for lunch at Uncle Luke's house".

I even saved a chicken nugget for Pretzel cuz I thought he'd be so lonely at home whilst parents were at the Wong's house already. And then I walk downstairs and everyone yelled SURPRISE at Ruth with me following closely behind in which I thought to myself "Damnit they got me again." in the most LOVING way.

SCORE its 12 o'clock NOW. So I'm officially 18 now.

Chanchal Panwar = Number 1

Closely followed by Anu Kumar then Suzie Kim with the Bronze.

So yes, we proceeded all to have karaoke, eat Nando's, pizza and plenty of sushi and by 4 everyone got tired of it and left.

It wasn't over, next was a High Tea (no idea what it is. Must be sophisticated for dinner) with all my aunties and uncles that have seen me grow up. Which meant, (I hate to admit. And I hope they don't read this) seriously a lot of um.. gifts. We'll end that there.

But in a nutshell ? My plans of sleeping and studying were postponed until 12:00 which is now-ish. BUT ALL FOR AN AWESOME AWESOME REASON.





Three massive highlights:
1) Got the BEST card I think I've ever gotten? (Pictured)
2) Got pretty much the most practical and "I didn't think of that" gifts from the Godbrothers and Sister (Pictured)
3) Got to spend my afternoon with most of the people I love most dearly.

So yeah, sick day. I'm gonna start my homework now.
Gnights to you, thanks for reading

- 18-YEAR OLD ASH.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus Wong said...

you're gonna be pumped for my present. year 2009 calendar with pictures of cute kittens here we come!!

00:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home